the content is original from this website.
NSG is a Java based tool that runs on any platform and can generate TCL Scripts for Wired as well as Wireless Scenarios for Network Simulator - 2. The procedure to execute these TCL Scripts on NS-2 is same as those of manually written TCL Scripts.
Some of the main features of NS2 Scenarios Generator (NSG) are as mentioned below:
(1) Creating Wired and Wireless nodes just by drag and drop.
(2) Creating Simplex and Duplex links for Wired network.
(3) Creating Grid, Random and Chain topologies.
(4) Creating TCP and UDP agents. Also supports TCP Tahoe, TCP Reno, TCP New-Reno and TCP Vegas.
(5) Supports Ad Hoc routing protocols such as DSDV, AODV, DSR and TORA.
(6) Supports FTP and CBR applications.
(7) Supports node mobility.
(8) Setting the packet size, start time of simulation, end time of simulation, transmission range and interference range in case of wireless networks, etc.
(9) Setting other network parameters such as bandwidth, etc for wireless scenarios.
Download NSG2 :
Launch NSG2 :
In fact, on my computer system, Ubuntu 12.04 I just double click the NSG2.jar, and NSG2 will automatically launch. If it doesn't launch, you can also launch NSG2 as following instructions.
- open terminal
- change directory into the folder where NG2.1.jar is copied.
- type this cammand
java -jar NSG2.1.jar